Original music! Stream or download and name your price, from free to infinity.

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Overheard in Homeroom

Eyebrows are way down my list
of things about which to be concerned--
as a matter of fact, they
don't make the list at all,
but in room 305 at 7:40 a.m.
they constitute a crisis
as the girl looks at her reflection
in a compact and
brushes and tweezes,
while I, on the other side of 
the large desk, ponder
the difference between an
85 and an 88.
"Eyebrows are sisters, not twins," 
another girl offers, as I mumble
metaphor quietly.
So it goes, different orbits
but still the same
rumination and brooding, 
insistence on what is important,
things that concern us so 
at one point in life making way
for others unpredicted,
as I smile and thin lines
frame my eyes, my pen
loops two green eights,
and I raise one uncorrected
brow (one brother?), if not
in solidarity, then at least
in insight. 

No comments:

It's haiku time again in creative writing class

Coffee is bitter fuel that brings a sweetness, lifting my spirits. Empty hanging file folders, holding only the hope of less clut...