Original music! Stream or download and name your price, from free to infinity.

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Armor

I am here now, sheathed in 
armor of my own design and hand
thickest over the heart.
Part of me walks freely, taking in
summer sights, feeling the breeze,
idly considering the stars.
Another part of me is in the hole,
solitary, bullied by a guard who shares
my features of face and manner, backed up
by a corps of anxieties, obsequious 
and pleasing to authority, ready to step up
a rank due to their efficiency and skill.
Somehow the line between warrior and worrier
has blurred, one little vowel sound separates them,
but who is it before you now, 
and how do you know?

No comments:

It's haiku time again in creative writing class

Coffee is bitter fuel that brings a sweetness, lifting my spirits. Empty hanging file folders, holding only the hope of less clut...