Original music! Stream or download and name your price, from free to infinity.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

What The Light Says

That moment when I
enter your eye, know this:

I am not the light you see,
this wave from deep space,
this beam of particles
pin-pricking your night sky--
I was molten hot, swollen,
roiling, violent, swallowing
worlds like yours, then
collapsing inward,
dark, dense, inert, spent.
All I am now is energy, a thin,
unbroken reminder of what
was, what is. It matters not.

My wisdom is this:
You are dust from us,
deep in a red-shifted past,
and you will again be light,
in this universe of
flight and capture,
running and returning.

No comments:

It's haiku time again in creative writing class

Coffee is bitter fuel that brings a sweetness, lifting my spirits. Empty hanging file folders, holding only the hope of less clut...