Original music! Stream or download and name your price, from free to infinity.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Screen

There's the white trim,
the brick fireplace hearth,
wood tones of floor and furniture,
and this: a rectangle of light,
showing humans doing awful things,
while children sounds filter in
through the room's open windows.
From the garnet red of my sofa,
I see blood in the streets,
a choking tear gas cloud.
A plane over my house blends with
mechanized terror on the square
half a world from here.
I can make it go away, a push
and it's over, this flat, shocking
angry chaos that our media have
marshaled into some sort of order
for me and my couch-bound brethren.
It is, after all, and by definition,
a screen.

No comments:

It's haiku time again in creative writing class

Coffee is bitter fuel that brings a sweetness, lifting my spirits. Empty hanging file folders, holding only the hope of less clut...