Original music! Stream or download and name your price, from free to infinity.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Evening Hills

The hills are like a woman 
sleeping soundly on her side,
off in the distance, not
really getting closer,
while beneath me the
bicycle rhythmically sways
in a dance of chain clicks
and my rocking hips,
staccato breath coming
now in triplets as flicks
of rain land on my
tanned forearms
as the mottled black
pavement slides beneath
and my attention is drawn
again to those distant hills--
all blues and grays
below a sinking sun
with those familiar curves
of hip, breast, shoulder--
clear but distant, unreachable
tonight, under my own power--
so I am on this hillside here,
holding close its serpentine road,
this scene nothing like that
soundly sleeping woman--
that trust and ease of sleep,
that simple comfort and shared space--
ride as hard or far as I can, or I will,
but I can't quite get there.
It's the things far off that draw me
the most, hovering as these hills do
at the edge of my vision, but still clear
as the wind whistles over me and the
road, the ride and the wind shake loose
thoughts that become these words.

No comments:

It's haiku time again in creative writing class

Coffee is bitter fuel that brings a sweetness, lifting my spirits. Empty hanging file folders, holding only the hope of less clut...