Original music! Stream or download and name your price, from free to infinity.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Soar


Sometimes I'm the sadistic kid
with the magnifying glass--
     sometimes I'm the ant,
     confused by focused heat. 
Sometimes I'm the home-run ball
flying over the fence--
     then I'm the same ball,
     later, forgotten past distant
     cheers on the green field.
Sometimes I'm the ray of light
piercing deepest darkness,
     at others I am the void,
     inky and indistinct.
Sometimes I'm that voice
across the hall, strange and
detached from myself.
     Then I'm the silence after
     the 3 a.m. phone.
Sometimes I'm the spring song
of birds and peepers--
     and at others the crunch and crack
     of angry ice underfoot, wet enough
     to slip, sharp enough to cut.
Sometimes I'm the jury in my head,
robed, dark and stern—and
     then again the man on trial,
     shackled and humbled beneath
     the high bench.
Sometimes I dig deep, a
blind rodent running on
instinct--
     but then again,
     occasionally, I am
     something else, feeling
     warm air carry me in
     great spirals, a trust
     in the invisible.
Sometimes,
I soar.

No comments:

It's haiku time again in creative writing class

Coffee is bitter fuel that brings a sweetness, lifting my spirits. Empty hanging file folders, holding only the hope of less clut...