Original music! Stream or download and name your price, from free to infinity.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Fire's Promise


Let me light the lamp of you
your mercurial fuel--
it's me, it's what I do
bring me near and you'll
see and feel--
a shadowless flame
shimmers the bending light
makes wrinkles in time
wicks dip deeply in ancient oil--
endless reserves are there
once one finds it--
sweet pain of flame, the
tingle before the burn,
take me there again and again.
We blaze for a time, light and heat--
settling in to a steady flame
like hands pressed in prayer--
pointing up, not out--
heavenward, a halo of light,
a star in someone else's sky.

No comments:

It's haiku time again in creative writing class

Coffee is bitter fuel that brings a sweetness, lifting my spirits. Empty hanging file folders, holding only the hope of less clut...