Sunblinded, sideways stumbling
my internal balance gone
others at ease--I’m fumbling
on a harsh green steamy lawn
too much exposure noise and light
what I want--need--is to withdraw
summer freedom not sitting right
I burn fast, my nerves gone raw
so I turn in to the healing dark
one sense denied, the others awake
a deep rhythm, a singer hits the mark
the cool air’s touch I take
this darkness on the brightest day
for a time to carry me away
Original music! Stream or download and name your price, from free to infinity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's haiku time again in creative writing class
Coffee is bitter fuel that brings a sweetness, lifting my spirits. Empty hanging file folders, holding only the hope of less clut...
-
You’re a valiant pine growing from a cleft in a rock. You are an old piano by the beach, sending your notes flying, singing with the gulls a...
-
Spring is here. Time for all of us cyclists to put on our game faces, take our bikes off the trainers, and feel the sharp sting of the wind ...
No comments:
Post a Comment