Original music! Stream or download and name your price, from free to infinity.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

One-Way Eyes

Prone to rage and shame,
I'm a weapon with no aim.
Pushing away whoever's close,
test those I need the most.

It's harder to write than revise,
looking out from one-way eyes.

Pictures have scripts that fit:
that's me, the kid who can't hit.
Quiet and gifted, sent away;
lived it then, feel it here today.

Look back too long, this moment dies,
looking out from one-way eyes.

I'm in the cave, can't stop--
keep the drill to the rock.
Remember a touch, laugh, smile,
so much softer back a while.

How present am I, feeling old highs?
Looking out from one-way eyes.

No comments:

It's haiku time again in creative writing class

Coffee is bitter fuel that brings a sweetness, lifting my spirits. Empty hanging file folders, holding only the hope of less clut...