Original music! Stream or download and name your price, from free to infinity.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Guitar God

In the afternoon light
he strode along the grassy ridge
above idling buses poised to
take us home.
Long hair, white clothes
and a miniature guitar that
only made him look bigger
like a god--
an amplifier strapped to his belt
shot sound out to us mortals
a siren song
a rallying cry
and girls I'd often dreamed of
let out a collective gasp
raining down along with his notes
on the seeds of a plan
I'd just sown.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Plan?

steverino said...

You know, start playing guitar, overcome my shyness, attract girls. Remember that this poem is a flashback to me at 14. The plan worked out so-so, but it's been a gratifying journey. (Note the lower-case "j.")

Jenn said...

Ahh! Got it! My captcha word is: diphip. Apt.

It's haiku time again in creative writing class

Coffee is bitter fuel that brings a sweetness, lifting my spirits. Empty hanging file folders, holding only the hope of less clut...